Developing integrated strategies for building sustainability
Providing Sustainable Solutions
Buildings are not just a collection of individual systems, but complete environments. They are dynamic, with long-lasting and constantly changing lives. As a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and with LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professionals on staff, Sebesta Blomberg consists of specialists who study and evaluate building systems and facility operations. We are actively involved in projects for both new and existing structures with sustainability goals. These include energy conservation, indoor environmental quality, daylighting, materials selection, water conservation, construction recycling and facilities operations planning. Having played the role as both design engineer and commissioning providers, Sebesta Blomberg has a history of meeting clients’ goals by designing innovative solutions for your complex issues.
Customizing Programs and Processes
Whether we are working on a new construction project, existing building or in a campus setting, our goal is to understand your processes from systems analysis to building operation. We carefully consider not only your project as defined, but your needs and concerns as they relate to all of your clients and constituencies. We provide this service through our discovery process which involves Sebesta Blomberg asking questions and listening to the owner’s answers regarding “business as usual” for their organization. With the information we learn through candid face-to-face joint meetings, Sebesta Blomberg will propose a customized program. Our program will integrate your current design, construction and operating process with the critical tasks and milestones required to achieve your sustainability objectives.
Areas of Expertise
• LEED® Certification: Facilitating the process in the areas of design, construction and operation to achieve high performance green buildings.
• Sustainability Master Plan Development: Creating overall documentation to support sustainable design on new construction, existing buildings or in a campus setting.
• Building Systems Studies, Evaluations and Troubleshooting: Meticulous assessment of building operations with recommendations for sustainable design and operations.
• Energy Modeling: Utilizing the latest software tools to predict the energy consumption of a building and identify and evaluate energy-saving strategies.
• Greenhouse Gas Management: Assist in discovering, managing and potentially trading greenhouse gas emissions and emission reductions.
• Operational Plan Development: Studying and evaluating building systems, recommending solutions allowing installed systems to function better while achieving the owner’s criteria of optimum efficiency.
• Mechanical and Electrical Design: Development of drawings and specifications to incorporate sustainability goals.
• Lighting Design: Designing end-user space to make the most use of natural lightning as well as energy efficient lighting systems.
• Energy Management and Audits: Integrating the management of energy information, price and consumption to deliver an optimal energy solution.
• Commissioning: Developing customized plans for new construction which optimize building performance.
• Retro-Commissioning: Systematic review of existing building systems so that they operate efficiently and effectively.
• Facility Audits and Assessments: Evaluation and tools to provide facilities professionals with the information needed to support a sustainable facilities organization.